APSA acclaims, at a global level, the prolific output from an area representing 70 countries and areas.
Films are submitted across four categories:
- Feature Film
- Animated Feature Film
- Youth Feature Film
- Documentary Feature Film
Awards are presented for the following achievements:
- Best Feature Film
- Best Animated Feature Film
- Best Documentary Feature Film
- Best Youth Feature Film
- Achievement in Directing
- Best Screenplay
- Achievement in Cinematography
- Best Performance by an Actress
- Best Performance by an Actor
- Jury Grand Prize
Additional awards are presented for outstanding achievement
- FIAPF Award – The FIAPF – International Federation of Film Producers Associations Award for outstanding achievement in film in the Asia Pacific region.
- Cultural Diversity Award under the patronage of UNESCO – The United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Award for outstanding contribution to the promotion and preservation of cultural diversity through film
- APSA Young Cinema Award presented by NETPAC (Network for the Promotion of Asian Cinema) and Griffith Film School (GFS) recognises the abundant emerging talent of the Asia Pacific.
Nominees and nominated films from all award categories are eligible for the Jury Grand Prize and the Cultural Diversity Award under the patronage of UNESCO for outstanding contribution to the promotion and preservation of cultural diversity through film.